Rustic Garlic Herb Bread.
You can have Rustic Garlic Herb Bread using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rustic Garlic Herb Bread
- Prepare of instant yeast.
- It’s of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of warm water.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of dried oregano.
- It’s of dried basil.
- You need of dried rosemary.
- It’s of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of – 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour.
- You need of olive oil, divided.
- You need of unsalted butter, divided.
Rustic Garlic Herb Bread instructions
- In a large mixing bowl, add the yeast, sugar and water. Then stir in the salt, oregano, basil, rosemary and garlic. Add in the flour and parmesan cheese and stir until combined. If needed, gradually add in the additional flour until you have a smooth and elastic dough that is tacky, but not sticky. Towards the end, you may need to use your hands to incorporate the extra flour..
- Use a tbsp. of the olive oil to grease a separate bowl, then transfer the dough to the greased bowl. Cover the dough and let it rise for about 1 hour, until double in size. Once the hour is up, preheat the oven to 375°F. Drizzle the additional 2 tbsp. olive oil over a large baking tray and use a pastry brush to brush it all over. Divide the dough in half and shape each half into a round loaf. Place the loaves onto the prepared baking tray and let them rise another 15-20 minutes..
- Top each loaf with half a tbsp. of butter and bake for 17-20 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden brown (the tops won't darken all that much, but will firm up). Let the loaves cool slightly, then slice them up and serve warm. Wrap any leftovers tightly in foil and eat within 3-4 days..