Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie.
You can cook Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie
- It’s of mild sausage links, casing removed.
- You need of celery, diced.
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- It’s of carrots, diced.
- Prepare of granny Smith apple, skinned and diced.
- You need of large onion, diced.
- It’s of diced butternut squash.
- Prepare of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper,.
- It’s of Dried basil,.
- You need of Dried thyme,.
- It’s of mashed potatoes (prepared in advance or packaged).
- Prepare of shredded cheese.
Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie step by step
- In a large pan, brown sausage meat.once browned add onions and garlic..
- Once onion is translucent, add all the veggies (including apple)and seasonings and stir and cook for 6-8 min..
- Transfer everything to baking dish or oven safe dish, top with mashed potatoes and shredded cheese..
- Bake in 350°F oven for 35 min and until top is bubbly and browned around the edges..
- **note: I topped mine with rustic mashed roasted sweet potato instead since hubby isn't CRAZY about sweet potato. Mine was DELISH and he said the regular mashed was delish (and my 2 year old loved it as well) the apples were a delish sweet bite..