Caramelized Red Onion Garlic Bread.
You can cook Caramelized Red Onion Garlic Bread using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Caramelized Red Onion Garlic Bread
- It’s of small baguette; havled lengthwise.
- Prepare of red onion; small dice.
- You need of garlic; minced.
- Prepare of butter; room temperature.
- You need of olive oil.
- It’s of kosher salt & black pepper.
Caramelized Red Onion Garlic Bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Heat enough olive oil to coat the bottom of a medium sized saute pan..
- Add red onion with a pinch of salt. Saute on high heat for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low. Cook for approximately 20 minutes or until onions are caramelized. Stir occasionally. Add more olive oil when necessary to prevent burning..
- Add garlic during last minute of cooking..
- Remove from heat. Cool rapidly in fridge or freezer until onion mixture reaches room temperature or below..
- Combine butter and onion mixture in a mixer or food processor. Add a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper..
- Mix until butter is fluffy and onion mixture is spread evenly, about 1 minute..
- Spread butter on each half of the baguette..
- Bake for approximately 8 minutes or until bread is crispy..
- Variations; Basil, parmesean, crushed pepper flakes, yellow onion, parmigiano reggiano, gruyere, mozzarella, provolone, feta, goat cheese, swiss, manchego, pecorino, fontina, shallots, bacon fat, spinach, arugula, asiago, blue cheese, gouda, jack cheese, horseradish, queso fresco, chihuahua, cotija, coriander, mint, oregano, marjoram, thyme, sage, tarragon, dill, crushed almond, bean puree, honey, lemon zest, pancetta, balsamic reduction, prosciutto, chives, scallions, herbes de provence,.
- Cont'd: Rosemary, Italian seasoning, pesto, caramelized fennel, saute broccoli rabe, artichoke, arugula or spinach puree, babaghanoush, hummus, dried sriracha, dandelion greens, caramelized leeks, mushroom puree, dijon, olives, tapenade, tomato, parsely.