Harvest Spice Bread (or Muffins).
You can cook Harvest Spice Bread (or Muffins) using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Harvest Spice Bread (or Muffins)
- You need of all purpose flour.
- It’s of baking soda.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of ground cinnamon.
- You need of ground nutmeg.
- You need of ground cloves.
- You need of ground ginger.
- It’s of vegetable oil.
- It’s of large eggs, at room temperature.
- You need of granulated sugar.
- It’s of brown sugar.
- You need of pumpkin puree.
- You need of heaping cup peeled and shredded apple.
- You need of peeled and freshly shredded carrot.
- It’s of milk.
- It’s of chopped walnuts.
- It’s of Rolled oats, for topping (optional).
Harvest Spice Bread (or Muffins) instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5" loaf pan and set it aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger until combined, then set that aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, milk and pumpkin. Then whisk in the shredded apple and carrot. Pour the wet batter into the dry and fold together until it's just combined, then fold in the walnuts..
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and top with oats if you'd like. Bake for 50-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out mostly clean. If you notice the bread is browning quickly, then tent some foil loosely over the top halfway through baking time. Let it cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack, before removing the loaf and slicing it. Leftover bread can be stored in the fridge for a week or so..
- For Muffins: Grease a 12 count muffin tin instead of a loaf pan and pour the batter to the top of each tin. Initially, preheat the oven to 425°F. Bake the muffins for 5 minutes, then keep them in the oven and lower the temperature to 350°F and bake for an additional 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let them cool in the pan for 5 or so minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely..
- For Mini-Loaves (as pictured): Grease the mini-loaf pans rather than the large one. Bake at 350°F for 33-38 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out mostly clean. Place the mini loaf pans onto a wire rack to cool completely..