Mole verde. This is a really nice recipe that I'm happy to bring to you today. Its wonderful mix of flavors will make you feel that all that time you spent preparing it was definitely. Mole Verde de Jauja Cocina Mexicana℠.
Mole Verde, or just "Verde" for short, is the lightest and freshest-tasting of Oaxaca's "seven moles." Fresh herbs (rather than spice accents) are what distinguish mole verde. Mole verde ("green mole") is a type of mole of the cuisine of Mexico. Mole is a traditional sauce originally used in Mexican cuisine, as well as for dishes based on these sauces. You can cook Mole verde using 21 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mole verde
- You need 1 of Magda squash (calabacita).
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion (white).
- Prepare 5 of Jalapeños.
- It’s 12 of Green tomatoes (tomatillo).
- It’s 2 of Fresh sprigs of cilantro (coriander).
- You need 2 small of radishes and 2 of their leaves.
- Prepare 3 of Garlic cloves (buds).
- You need 50 grams of Almonds.
- It’s 50 grams of Pumpkin seed.
- You need 50 grams of Peanuts.
- Prepare 50 grams of Sesame.
- It’s 2 of Cloves.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of Cumin.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Aniseed.
- It’s 2 of Allspice berries.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Cooking oil.
- You need 1 of Chicken or beef… hell, even pork! (Any of them perfectly cooked – boiled-).
- You need 5 cup of Chicken, beef or pork broth (the water where you boiled the meat of your choice).
- It’s 2 cup of of the same broth (just in case… if your mole is too dry in the end).
- You need 2 of Serrano peppers (optional).
Add more broth, if sauce gets too thick. See more ideas about Mole, Food, Gourmet recipes. A spicy Mexican condiment which is a mixture of pumpkin seeds (pepitas), ground nuts and sesame seeds, tomatillos, green chile peppers (typically poblano or serrano), spices, soybean oils, bread or crackers (wheat flour and corn starch), sugar, and other seasonings. But mole verde is a bit of an exception.
Mole verde instructions
- Toast one ingredient at a time, separately:.
- Toast Peanuts.
- Toast almonds.
- Toast garlic cloves.
- Toast sesame.
- Pumpkin seeds: Just wait until they start "jumping", don't toast them.
- In that same pan, quickly toast (all of them at once): cloves, allspice, cumin and aniseed.
- Boil tomatoes and jalapeños.
- Saute onion.
- In a blender or food processor, grind the onion and everything you toasted, add some broth until you get a fine and creamy paste.
- Heat the oil in a casserole of mud (preferably)… add the paste and fry it for five minutes (medium flame), stirring….
- Toss the tomatoes, jalapeños, squash, cilantro and the radishes along with their leaves and a small amount of broth into your blender or food processor and liquify them.
- Add this mix to the seasoned paste and cook for fifteen mins. (medium flame), stir every now and then.
- Add what's left of the broth and keep cooking and stirring until it thickens and you see oil spots on the surface (15-20 mins.).
- Add the boiled meat and keep cooking for 15 more mins., stir every two minutes….
- If it's too dry, add more broth….
- Serve with some rice and mashed beans (refried beans – frijoles refritos) if you want the whole mexican dish.
- WARNING! Do not have this before going to bed… and, drink soft drinks instead of water.
This version comes together in about an hour, combining a pumpkin-and-sesame-seed paste with a sauce built from tomatillos, chard, romaine and jalapeños. Heat the lard in a flameproof casserole in which you are going to serve the mole and fry the blended ingredients, stirring and scraping the. Mole is always one of those dishes I've always wanted to really love, but it's so heavy for me. The flavors are similar to a salsa verde, but the tomatillos are almost caramelized by being cooked down. Recetas de Mole verde con carne de cerdo, Mole verde con pollo, Mole Verde y muchas más recetas de mole verde.